Thursday, October 10, 2013

Summertime!



So many things happened this summer, and yet it went by so fast! (Note: I’ll do my best to put them all in order, but some may be chronologically off). 

To start off, we got a puppy.
Her name’s Quincy, and she was super adorable. Totally cuddly, never barked, basically the makings of a great dog. Downside: our apartment only allows pets up to 25 pounds, and you have to pay extra to keep them. Well, that wasn’t the contract we signed, so after a couple of weeks of juggling her back and forth from our place to Hadley’s, we decided to give her away to a good home. So now we get to enjoy the few photos I snapped while she was asleep.


We moved into a new apartment the first week of May, and we had a lot of fun getting new furniture. We bought a table and chairs, and we had a lot of fun making up the centerpiece for it.


Gentry and I tried to spend as much time together during the summer as possible, but with us both working full time jobs and Gentry working a second, that wasn’t always an option. So one night I decided to go all out and do an official “date night”:
I had Gentry pick whichever activity he wanted to do first, and we went through all of them. These included: going on a walk, blowing bubbles, going to a movie, playing poker, and… making a blanket fort!

Yeah, the fort was pretty much awesome! I had forgotten how much fun it is to make them!

I’ve been pretty lucky overall in life to not have any major injuries. This summer I got to put one on my former non-existent list.
This is the product of my graceful fall into a four-foot deep racquetball room. Gentry and a couple of his brothers were wrestling around in a friend’s private gym. We’d never been there before, so I thought I’d look around. This gym was seriously incredible – full weight room, swimming pool, half basketball court, full kitchen; very impressive. I saw through a window that there was a racquetball room. I opened the swinging door and stepped in, not knowing that it was an immediate drop off. Literally tumbling head-first into the room, my back leg slid against the entire door frame, bruising my tibia and making my ankle swell three times its normal size.
Gentry’s picture of his own reaction to me falling and majorly hurting myself.

Thankfully I didn’t break anything, put some ice on it immediately, and watched my leg go six different colors. Bone bruises take months to heal, so sadly you can still see a faint outline along my shin of my fall, and a still swollen malleolus (ankle bone, for those who don’t know the anatomical terms).

While Gentry and I were up north (one of the many times this summer), I got to catch up with my girl friends from high school:
It’s crazy to see how far we’ve all come in only three years after high school. Four of us married, a few working on going to grad school, and still able to get together every once in a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment