Friday, October 25, 2013

Hard Days, but trying to Stay Strong

If anyone has not seen or heard of Al Fox (now Carraway, she's recently married) look her up on Youtube. She's what's being called now the "Tattooed Mormon", and she blogs and creates videos about her experiences and what she's learned being a member of the church. I've seen the majority of her videos, but I recently felt prompted to watch this one again; it's titled "Stay Strong: a parable". It was exactly what I needed on a hard night at work when I was especially missing Gentry. Heavenly Father works in mysterious ways to show how He is working in our lives, whether or not we want to acknowledge it at the time.

The past couple weeks have especially been hard trying to juggle working full time, school full time, and clinical hours that take up the majority of the afternoons. And then weekends are filled with spending the few precious days I get to spend with my hubby. I have struggled especially lately trying to understand the point of it all; surely the Lord wouldn't want me to be this unhappy? What could I possibly be gaining, because my degree, that makes only seeing my eternal companion two days a week, if that?
Last week I finally broke down and was asking (more like screaming) at Heavenly Father asking: Why??? I need to know why I'm doing this, otherwise I don't think I can keep going!
Slowly through working on my patience and having the Lord help me, I am starting to understand the reasons Gentry's and my life is the way it is. And to remember that this is not permanent. This year in looking back, will only seem like a blink of an eye in comparison to eternity. Right now I still feel like the weeks drag, and they aren't moving fast enough (28 more weeks until May) but it will end. And I am also discovering that while this situation is difficult, it is a lot easier with the Lord's hand in yours. Seems like common knowledge, but for the stubborn imperfect person that I am, it's something I needed to learn again.
The Lord never leaves us; we are the ones who walk away from Him. The best part? He always accepts us back, and He will always forgive us. As much as I like to be independent, I learn a lot that I cannot do this alone. Or anything for that matter. I'm so grateful for the Lord's influence in mine and Gentry's life, for the answered prayers, spoken or not, and granting the desires of our hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment