Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Thoughts





I found this photo on Facebook the other day, and while most of the time I ignore them and don't even bother reading them, I read this one and it really stood out to me. 
The past little while I've had a hard time knowing that things would work out, I felt like I would never get a handle on the things in my life, and that no matter how hard I tried, I would not be happy. 
Then a realization finally hit me: it DOES NOT MATTER what the world throws at you and how much people might let you down. Your amount of happiness depends on yourself. YOU choose if you are happy or not. The world is never going to give you anything that will make you happy, happiness comes from within you and what you choose to do with your life. 
I absolutely love this quote from President Hinckley:
So for the past couple of days I have been working on finding reasons to be happy, why life is great. And you know what? Life is great. Sometimes it's hard to believe how great my life is. I am so blessed, and so many times I realize just how much I take all these things for granted. 
Life is good. And I am happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment