Thursday, March 29, 2012

Sigh...

It's one of those days when you know you have lots to do, but you don't really want to do ANY of it! Haha, oh well, I suppose I can procrastinate just a little longer. ;)

You know way back when in the day when we girls were in Young Women's, our leaders told us all to write down the qualities we wanted in our future husbands someday? Well, over the years I have had several versions of that list, the first saying those silly things like "He has to be 6'3'', blonde hair, blue eyes, etc..." and the most recent is the one I want to share here.
It's kinda funny, because one time I was told by someone: "You know, your not going to get EVERYTHING you want in your future husband." That had never made sense to me, because why not get everything you want in a guy? Obviously you have to realize that certain things aren't realistic, but I would hope most of those lists would be the few things that you will never compromise on.
What's crazy to me is that several weeks into dating Gentry, I happened to look up at my "Marital Spouse Requirements" paper I have tacked above my desk. At I started reading through it, I realized that Gentry, without even realizing it, was checking off every item on my list, and doing/being above and beyond! He's so incredible, I love him to death!

Marital Spouse Requirements:
*subject to change and add-ons*
  • My best friend
  • Member of the Church
  • Return Missionary
  • Desires a Temple Marriage
  • Desires a Family
  • Loves me for me
  • Is willing to make sacrifices for me
  • Wants to work towards perfection and eternity together
  • Wants to spend as much time with me as possible
  • Someone I can trust with anything
  • Would never do anything to compromise our "happily ever after"
  • Is romantic
  • Tells me he loves me constantly (and says it in such a way that I know he means it every time)
  • Isn't afraid to talk about the gospel or share his testimony with me
  • Understands the value of education
Thank you so much, Gentry, for everything you are and aspire to be, and thanks for making me a better person, simply by knowing you! You are incredible!

No comments:

Post a Comment