Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Finals, moving, and work, oh my

So yes, it's that week again. The one of terrible diets, no sleep, and trying to learn everything you slept through over the past four months in two days. Yes, folks, it's finals week at SUU!

Comparatively, I suppose my finals week hasn't been horrible at all... three finals, one on Monday and two on Thursday. I'd like to just get them done so I could not worry about it, but at least this gives me time to study! (Or should I say, procrastinate studying by writing on the blog.)

Either way, Gentry and I are lucky enough that we get to work this week, all the while moving Gentry into our new apartment. I'm staying at the apartment I'm in for the next two months luckily, so I have time to slowly start moving stuff over.

Intermidst of that, I know I talk about this stuff I lot, but today the realization hit me again: I'm getting married! It's one of those things you hear about ever since you were little, and you can't wait for the day until it's your turn to be Mrs. __________. If anyone is surprised by the fact that this is actually happening, I am at the top of the list. Now that it is I am over the moon and our wedding cannot come fast enough, but I kid you not, the week before I met Gentry, I had decided to swear off guys--I was done! Not actually, but I was going to focus on school, career and getting my degree. They were top priority. Then this man walked into my life...


Don't you agree that school is not near as appealing as this handsome guy? And here we are, 4 months later, only 2 months away from becoming Mr. and Mrs. Gentry Gasser. Looking back at things now, I'm amazed at how far Gentry and I have come in such little time. It's literally like I've known him my whole life. The first week we met, I was telling him things about me that I usually never tell anyone. I talked to him so much the weekend before Christmas when I went to Lehi, even my family noticed. They must've been able to tell that this guy was special, because they didn't try to stop me. One random day I was telling my younger brother, Jameson, a little about Gentry, and he looked at me and said, "You should marry this one!" At the time I thought nothing of it, my brother teases me about guys all the time. In retrospect, Jameson now claims his words were prophetic, but that's up to interpretation. ;)
How incredible it is that I've found someone who is so easy to get along with and easy to be around? Once again, I am one lucky girl.
June 29th, here we come!


No comments:

Post a Comment