Sunday, April 15, 2012

Eternity awaits...

"He's not perfect. You aren't either, and the two of you will never be perfect. But if he can make you laugh at least once, causes you to think twice, and if he admits to being human and making mistakes, hold onto him and give him the most you can. He isn't going to quote poetry, he's not thinking about you every moment, but he will give you a part of him that he knows you could break. Don't hurt him, don't change him, and don't expect more than he can give. Don't analyze. Smile when he makes you happy, yell when he makes you mad, and miss him when he's not there. Love hard when there is love to be had. Because perfect guys don't exist, but there's always one guy that is perfect for you." - Bob Marley

I'm so glad for those little moments that remind me of what's really important. Wedding and future planning, shopping for apartments and things to fill them with, all in all is completely ridiculous. Thank heavens I have such a great guy to help me pick things out and will hold me when I'm crying from the stress of it all. Yesterday I was feeling extremely overwhelmed, and I stumbled across this quote.
It put everything back into perspective for me. Yes, things are crazy now, but why am I doing all this? Because I want to spend the rest of my life with the one person that is perfect for me. The one person who can made me laugh through my tears, and doesn't expect me to be perfect all the time, but still loves me. He doesn't quote poetry, but he manages to always say exactly what I need to hear, when I need to hear it. I would never want to change him, because it's the person he is that I fell in love with (before I even realized I had.)

Thanks, Gentry, I love you so much! ~R


No comments:

Post a Comment