Saturday, September 8, 2012

Our lives

It's safe to say we stay pretty busy, what with school, work, extra athletic training time (me) and outside school assignments (him). But we have been attempting to continue doing other things besides, and still try to see each other once in a while!

1. Church. We just got a new calling, we're now the Activities Committee Chairpersons. Right now we've been planning a big ward barbeque as an opening social, and I think it's going to turn out great! We're even lucky enough that my father-in-law, Wayne, is going to come down and make his famous fried doughnuts! I can't wait! Besides that, we've been going to stake activity meetings, and been planning some big events, like a huge tailgate party for the stake before the first home SUU football game. Sadly I'll be doing athletic training, and Gentry will be at work, so we can't actually go to the event, but it's been fun to plan.

2. Work. We've truly been blessed, because at the beginning of the school year, I had no idea how many hours of commitment the athletic training program was going to require. With that type of schedule, it was pretty impractical to try and work a work schedule in with it. So we looked over our finances and decided that I would quit, and we'd have to be tight with our money. But fortunately my employer was willing to work with me and I could work a couple shifts a week so I didn't have to quit. It's not a whole lot, but it ties the ends together, and I'm so grateful for it. 

3. Institute. Silly me, I had the thought that people stopped going to institute after they got married. Wrong! Our young married stake has several special classes just for married students, and we-or maybe I- decided we were going to take one. So now we are enrolled in Building an Eternal Marriage, and while I've been to the class once by myself, and we missed this last week, I can still feel the importance of the class and how it will help us as a couple.

4. Athletic Training. This mostly just deals with me, but it's a big enough part of our lives that it ought to be mentioned. In short... I love athletic training! While I've been very go-getter about all my studies, I'd never found something that I just knew I wanted to do. Well I finally found it! Athletic training is so great, it involves all of the things I've always wanted to do in a career, and puts it all together. True, it is a lot of work, and it involves a lot of extra hours in the training room, but every day makes it a little more worth it!

Our lives are pretty boring for the most part, but we still find time to get out and enjoy ourselves. Last night we went on a date, went and got some amazing Mexican, and then went and saw The Words. If nothing else, I got to spend some time with my sweet husband, whom I love dearly, more and more each day, even when he teases me mercilessly! He's my forever, and is everything I have ever wanted, and more than I deserve. I'm literally in love with my best friend, and it makes life so much better!


No comments:

Post a Comment